Are you searching for the best guest blogging tips?
Then you are in the right place.
Check out this post and learn about the best tips for guest blogging to kickstart your guest blogging journey.
5 Killer Tips for Guest Blogging on Blogs
Guest blogging is one of the best strategies to increase traffic to your blog.
To help you succeed in your guest posting, I am going to give you some quick tips today.
Tell it all in one email
Bloggers don’t wish to ask for every detail and write back and forth until they obtain what they require.
Please include (at a minimum) the following information in your contact email:
- Your name, what do you do?
- What you want from them: You want to become a guest blogger for them
- Please submit two or three title suggestions or even better, a 2-3 sentence outline of what you intend to write about.
- Link to published guest posts if you have them, or link to your best blog post if you don’t have any published guest posts.
- Check their guest-blogging guidelines on their blog, if they don’t have them, ask them for them.
- Avoid calling them the wrong name or referring to the wrong blog, discuss topics that are outside their scope, and don’t use references from a different niche.
- Be honest and don’t lie. Avoid including links to sources you did not write…
Start with Small Blogs
You have the best chances of getting a guest post published if you know bloggers.
If you are active in a group or engage with a blogger on Twitter, you are one step closer to being accepted.
Start with a smaller blog if you’re a new blogger.
The first guest blog post I published was on an abandoned blog that hasn’t been updated in years, but over time I worked my way up to articles published on Social Media Examiner and Hubspot (Germany).
Follow the Guidelines
Most blogs only give you the word count they expect and agree on the topic. Some blogs give you more detailed requirements, such as a basic structure for their blogs.
Do everything they ask you without arguing why you are not going to comply with it.
You won’t be able to publish a 700-word piece if the guideline states 2000 words minimum.
If you are asked to provide images, 2 boring stock images usually will not be sufficient.
Choose a Unique Topic
You need to come up with a topic that has never been covered on the blog before if you wish to be published.
Choose a topic that is closely related to the niche the blog covers in its usual posts – but something unique.
Be sure to suggest a topic that you can cover in detail.
Consider the Author’s Bio
This is the one piece of content where you can promote yourself, your freebies, and your social media accounts.
If you are looking to grow your audience with guest posts, your author bio is a powerful tool.
Just by saying, “You can follow him/her on Twitter,” you can increase your social media audience!
FAQs about Guest Blogging
What is the difference between Blogging and Guest Blogging?
In Blogging, you will be writing articles for your own website. In Guest Blogging, you will be writing and publishing articles for other websites in your niche.
What are the benefits of Guest Blogging?
There are many benefits of Guest Blogging.
- You can increase your brand visibility
- Build Authority around your niche.
- Increase traffic and views
Is Guest Blogging effective for backlinks?
Though it is not the best method, it is still effective to get backlinks from other websites easily.
That’s all about the tips for guest blogging.
Follow these simple but effective tips to get your guest blogging journey started and increase traffic to your blog.